Readers ask: What Is Normal Kitchen Cabinet Depth?
- 1 What is the standard depth of overhead kitchen cabinets?
- 2 What is the depth of IKEA kitchen cabinets?
- 3 Are kitchen units a standard depth?
- 4 Are 42 inch cabinets too tall?
- 5 What is standard upper cabinet depth?
- 6 Does IKEA make a 12 inch deep cabinet?
- 7 Can I use IKEA wall cabinets as base cabinets?
- 8 Does IKEA make a 12 inch deep upper cabinet?
- 9 How do I reduce the depth of my kitchen cabinets?
- 10 What depth are Wren kitchen units?
- 11 What is the standard size of kitchen island?
- 12 Why do kitchen cabinets not go to the ceiling?
- 13 Do kitchen cabinets have to go to the ceiling?
- 14 What are standard sizes of kitchen cabinets?
What is the standard depth of overhead kitchen cabinets?
Overhead cabinets are typically between 12 and 13 inches deep, except for microwave cabinets, which are 15 to 18 inches deep to accommodate most standard microwave sizes. The cabinets placed above a fridge are also slightly deeper, typically measuring 24 inches deep.
What is the depth of IKEA kitchen cabinets?
IKEA Cabinet Depths The standard depth for kitchen cabinets is about 24 inches. IKEA’s options for cabinet depths are 15, 24, and 24-3/4 inches.
Are kitchen units a standard depth?
How deep are standard kitchen units? In general, the standard depth of a kitchen unit is 60 cm. This includes the thickness of the door and drawers, but not handles. However, this may be a tight squeeze if your kitchen is less than 180cm wide.
Are 42 inch cabinets too tall?
8 ) Good designers almost never use 42″ high wall cabinets and would NEVER use anything higher. Builders and amateurs use these heights to maximize cabinetry not realizing that the higher height looks out of proportion and gives little added space benefit.
What is standard upper cabinet depth?
How deep should the cabinet boxes be? Standard wall cabinets (sometimes referred to as “upper cabinets”) are 12 inches deep; standard base (below-counter) cabinets are 24 inches deep.
Does IKEA make a 12 inch deep cabinet?
IKEA SEKTION WALL CABINETS ARE 15″ DEEP Standard American wall cabinets are 12″ deep, sometimes 13″ if the door is inset (set inside the face frame). When IKEA introduced their SEKTION line, they increased the depth of their wall cabinets to 15″, so you get 3″ of additional depth on each cabinet.
Can I use IKEA wall cabinets as base cabinets?
Wall cabinets as deep as IKEA kitchen base cabinets However, to achieve the kind of look you want, you can use the IKEA METOD Top Cabinet or Freezer Top Cabinet. They come in a depth of 60 cm, same as base cabinets. You can see a photo of it in my IKEA kitchen makeover.
Does IKEA make a 12 inch deep upper cabinet?
The Extra Deep Upper Cabinets ( IKEA offers the 12″ too in case you would have a kitchen that couldn’t accommodate the deeper ones for some reason, but if they’ll fit, definitely go for the 15″ version!) Because our townhouse kitchen was small, we needed every extra inch we could get!
How do I reduce the depth of my kitchen cabinets?
You can reduce the depth of your wall cabinets by cutting them down.
- Measure the amount you would like to cut off the wall cabinets from the back of the cabinet and mark it with a pencil.
- Draw a line around the entire cabinet using a straight-edge and a pencil.
- Cut the back of the cabinet off using a circular saw.
What depth are Wren kitchen units?
Made to order and delivered fully built, unit walls are 18mm thick and base units have 8mm backs. Drawers are a generous 450mm deep, fully adjustable and soft closing, as are all doors. Infinity kitchens are guaranteed for 20 years.
What is the standard size of kitchen island?
The average size of a kitchen island is 80 x 40 inches with 36 to 42 inches of clearance all the way around. The standard height of your island should be 36 inches — raisable up to 42 inches if you are using the island for dining purposes.
Why do kitchen cabinets not go to the ceiling?
Ceiling height cabinets are not easy to access as they are very high up in the ceiling. Anything up there at the top of these cabinets is quite hard to access hence you will need to have something to step on in order to reach these things. This also poses some very serious safety concerns.
Do kitchen cabinets have to go to the ceiling?
The kitchen cabinets and molding do not go to the ceiling and the wall cabinets and trim will be just below the ceiling. Any crown molding or trim will continue around the room, above the cabinetry.
What are standard sizes of kitchen cabinets?
Standard kitchen cabinet heights include 12, 15, 18, 30, 36 and 42 inches tall; depth ranges from 12 to 18 inches. Base cabinets:
- Rest on floor to support countertop.
- Typically, between 34 1/2 to 36 inches tall and 24 to 30 inches deep.
- Can be specialized to include sink or corners.